We are an all-girls secondary school in the village of Rosbercon. Rosbercon is a small village on the outskirts of New Ross town. We are a five minute walk over the bridge from New Ross. For the academic year 2015/2016 we have an enrolment of 388 students.
Our Lady of Lourdes Secondary School, Roberson, was founded by The Holy Faith Sisters in 1924, at the invitation of the Bishop of Ossory. A lodge at the gate of the convent (formerly a fever hospital) served as a school for the first year. The following year, a purpose-built school was opened. The first boarders were accommodated at Our Lady of Lourdes in 1948;a facility which the Holy Faith Sisters offered to students until the phased closure of the boarding school began in 1995. The introduction of Free Education in 1967 resulted in vigorous growth in pupil numbers during the seventies and eighties and necessitated several phases of extensions, which included the addition of a hard surface sport’s area with basketball courts, tennis courts and an athletics track
Facilities at the school have been and are continually updated and modernised to meet the ever-changing needs of pupils and their families. In 1997 The Wexford School of Music opened it New Ross School at Our Lady of Lourdes, Roberson and Bishop Forristal announced that the Diocese of Ossory was to take over responsibility for the Trusteeship of the School l from the Holy Faith Sisters. In September 1998, Our Lady of Lourdes opened with its first lay Principal and a Board of Management.
‘Our school is a learning community based on faith, hope and love,
where respect, responsibility and Christian commitment grow,
allowing all our students to prepare for a meaningful life.’