The School Care Team
- The Care Team will be made up usually of the Pastoral Care Co-ordinator, the Guidance Counsellor, Year Heads, the Learning Support teacher, and the Deputy Principal. Other members may be co-opted at any time.
- The team meets once a month.
- The team has responsibility for supporting Class Tutors and Year Heads; coordination of the pastoral programme; reviewing students with particular difficulties; advising relevant groups within the school community on pastoral issues
Essentially, the care team is a student-focused mechanism put in place by a school in order to:
- co-ordinate the support available for students in the school
- facilitate links to the community and other non-school support services
- enable students with support needs to continue to access a full education
- assist staff to manage those students effectively
- ensure new staff members are briefed about policies and procedures relating to student wellbeing and support
- advise school management on the development and review of effective student support policies and structures.